Once you have a username and password, students and teachers can start writing posts on their class blogs. Below is a step by step guide on how to write a post, then how to edit a post you have already published.
How to write a post
- Log into your class blog – go to your classblog URL and click on login
- Type in your username and password – don’t click remember me – click login
- You are now on your dashboard -hover over ‘Add New’ at the top
- Click on ‘Post’
1. Add a great title relating to what the post is about.
2. Click on the kitchen sink icon to make sure the second row of icons appears.
3. Write your post. If you have written your post in Word then highlight the post in Word, copy it, click on this icon and paste. In Word, don’t do any formatting, just write the post. Make changes to colour etc while in your blog post dashboard.
4. Highlight the words you want to change colour then click this icon.
5. Highlight the words you want to make bold then click this icon.
6. If you want to make bullet points, highlight the lines you want bulleted, then click this icon.
7. Before hitting the publish button, remember to spellcheck your post by clicking this button.
8. Have you ticked your name under categories on the right sidebar?
9. Have you added tags?
10 Now click the big blue button.
Editing your post
You find you need to edit your post – maybe you put in too much personal information or you need to add some punctuation or change some spelling.
1. Log in to your class blog until you are at your dashboard.
2. On the left sidebar, click on the arrow beside ‘Posts’ then click on ‘All Posts’.
3. Find the post you need to edit and hover under the title, click on edit.
4. When you have finished making your changes, click the big blue button again.