What a great way to begin a new year with a new group of students!
Around the world, 5th February 2013 has been designated Safer Internet Day. This is the 10th anniversary of this event which began in the UK by the company Insafe.
The theme this year is
online rights and responsibilities.
To get involved check out these links:
- a generic video to watch with students
- banners and logos to use in a post
- Watch the SID 2013 video - Connect with respect
- posters, lesson plans and games to download
If you want some Australian resources, check out the cyber smart website.
- cybersmart challenges for all age groups
- cyber resource centre with lots of material to be downloaded for classrooms
- teacher resources for all grade levels
As a teacher, what do you think are the most important aspects of online safety we need to teach the students?