- Quadblogging – Mr Weir with Mrs Schmidt in USA and Mrs Willetts in UK
- Christmas around the world – Mr Price thinks this would be good to take part in
Other global projects you might like to check out include:
- Global handshakes – introduce yourself and your class to other educators around the world
- Crazy crazes – fads and crazes in your school or country
- Using Edmodo to make connections
- Flat friends/Flat Stanley projects and activities
- Malala project
- Organize a mystery skype call
Once you start involving your class in global collaborative activities, students start asking questions like:
Why aren’t the students answering my comments straight away?
What is the time over there?
To help students understand time zones around the world, you can always add some widgets to your sidebar, or as a page like Mrs Yollis does.
Here is a world clock, set it for Tassie time (click on Tasmania) then hover over the area where you want to know what the time is eg east coast of America.
Here is a post from Ronnie Burt at Edublogs with other widgets to add to your sidebar.