56 class blog

Just another Tasmanian Blogs site

Politicians and fairness

September9

Reflecting on the recent election campaign and subsequent results, do you think our Australian politicians treat each other fairly?

by posted under Uncategorized | 25 Comments »
25 Comments to

“Politicians and fairness”

1. September 9th, 2013 at 1:58 pm      Reply Tommo Says:

I don’t think it is fair how the politicians treated each other before the election because they were putting up posters about what they weren’t going to do and what they were doing wrong. I also didn’t like the way they were talking to each other badly. I also didn’t like all the parts on the news nearly all of the news was all about the voting. I didn’t like all the junk mail about the voting in the letterbox every day. There was also adds about if Tony Abbot wins you lose. People were also writing things on Facebook and some of the posts were just rumours and weren’t true.

2. September 9th, 2013 at 2:00 pm      Reply shaun Says:

I don’t think it’s fair how the politicians treated each other before the election because they put ads up about the people saying that they are a bad person. I also didn’t like the way they were talking about each other saying that if Tony Abbot wins you lose. I didn’t like all of the junk mail in my letterbox and all of the ads that they put up on T.V. about labour and liberal. Every night there were a lot of ads about Tony Abbot and Tanya Denison. It isn’t fair that all the rumours on Facebook weren’t true and I believed them. Some of the posts on Facebook said that Kevin Rudd won but actually Tony Abbot did, and there were lots of pictures of Tanya Denison.

3. September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm      Reply 13roseella Says:

Hi,
    I didn’t think that it was fair the way the politicians where treating each other before the election because:
    They had commercials on television bad mouthing each other and they had a commercial on T.V with a picture of Tony Abbot saying if he wins you loose and they had big banners of it and they chose a scary looking picture of him and I just think it is not fair.
    They also had a commercial of Kevin Rudd saying “look what mess he got us in in thirty one days imagine what will happen in three years” and I don’t think that was fair either.
    I think it was just not fair altogether but that is what will happen in life. :(

4. September 9th, 2013 at 2:19 pm      Reply Jack Says:

No i don’t think they treat each other fairly because they tell people bad things about their opposition that might not be true or that might be true but sometimes is not backed up with evidance. I think it is not right for them to say those kind of things about their opposition.

5. September 9th, 2013 at 2:28 pm      Reply 13rosejacob Says:

I think that it is not fair because politicians should keep their opinions to themselves and let the public decide for themselves and not if someone spreads a rumour. What if someone says something that is not true? That means you voted for someone that is a person that has lied.

6. September 10th, 2013 at 9:31 am      Reply sophie-lee Says:

Hi Sophie-lee here,
    I don’t think the politicians treated the other politicians fairly because they are campaigning to win a place that other politicians want and other politicians do better campaigning to make the peoples vote for them. Some politicians can cause arguments over their campaigning because some might do more or better campaigning and it’s basically a competition. Some politics cause an argument over small things that they’re meant to do.

Just my input, Sophie-lee

P.S This probably isn’t correct or any where near correct it’s just what I thought.

7. September 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am      Reply 14roseryen Says:

Hi Ryen here
    In politics all politicians are not treating each other fairly. One of the reasons why the politicians are not treating each other fairly is because of the resent election. Because all parties are saying mean things about other parties are saying bad things about other parties but that goes around in circles and I think that is why politicians are not treating each other fairly.
    Thanks Ryen

8. September 10th, 2013 at 9:39 am      Reply linna Says:

Yes I do think they have been treating each other fairly because they are both fighting for it and they both want it really badly and if they didn’t fight then they wouldn’t be going for it. But at the same time I don’t think they have been treating each other fairly because it’s mean how they have been putting adds up like if Tony Abbot win Australia loses and like Kevin Rudd has spent E.G $32,000 in 31 days. I wonder what it would be like in 3 years. That’s how I think they have been treating each other

9. September 10th, 2013 at 9:49 am      Reply georgia Says:

Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott are not treating each other fairly because they both want to be government so they fight over it. At the same time I think yes they do because when they are on TV they are sometimes nice to each other but sometimes they’re not. They are nice to each other on TV so people vote for them but I reckon they are not fair when people are not watching.

10. September 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am      Reply georgia Says:

*Test comment*

11. September 10th, 2013 at 11:57 am      Reply Decojo Says:

I don’t think that the politiciansare treating each other fairly, but I don’t think that they are really telling the truth about each other.

~Deklan

12. September 10th, 2013 at 2:07 pm      Reply Philip Says:

I believe that the politicians were not treating each other fairly because they were prepared to do nearly anything to become the prime minister, and were doing anything they could to make the opposing side seem bad, instead of their side being better. This may have made some people not too keen on either side due to the fact that some of the things that they were said were lies, thus meaning that by trying to make the other side look bad, they were actually forgetting to make themselves look good. Thus, the whole effort that they put into making the other side look worse was wasted.

13. September 10th, 2013 at 2:12 pm      Reply Kaelee Says:

Personally I don’t think they are treating each other fairly because they are saying things about each other that aren’t all true. As we are at the stage of growing up, we look up to them as our leaders and they aren’t setting a good example for us if they are going to say unfair things to each other. It also could tell some people that it’s alright to say things like that, which it isn’t.
    Thanks for reading!

14. September 10th, 2013 at 2:17 pm      Reply hughie Says:

i do not think that politicans treat each other nicely because they are always saying bad things about each other and sometines even lying about each other

by hugh :)

15. September 10th, 2013 at 2:26 pm      Reply the awesome baxter Says:

NO I don’t think politicians treat each other fairly. The trash they talk is a disgrace to us by all means they should be setting an example to kids like myself and many other kids around Australia and Tasmania. That may make kids that want to be prime minister don’t want to do it anymore because of what they heard on tv or around the house. If they are running for prime minister they should be being kind like they do when they want peoples votes. Why don’t they be like that to the opposition because that would get more people to be on their side. Also the adds they put up about each other is a disgrace also its about treating Australia right and to be a supporting leader if they are like that when they want something badly its not right to treat people badly. They should be kind and met their opposition and treat them the way you want to be treated. You don’t have to be popular to win, you need to support your nation and some times its best to just sit back and wait for your turn to come out. When the other politician that’s up against you is talking trash about what your going to do, you just come out and say what’s right and that’s all. You don’t need to do what they’re doing or what other people want you to do. Its what you want.

just another blog from Baxter(:

16. September 10th, 2013 at 10:24 pm      Reply livia Says:

The politicians were not treating each other fairly because they were saying lots of things about one another and each party that weren’t true. But in real life when it’s not the campaign and they’re not being rude about each other they actually are nice about each other. I think that no one in government/politics should be being rude about one another or saying stuff that is not true about each other.

17. September 11th, 2013 at 12:22 pm      Reply jackson Says:

I think it is not fair how the politicians treated each other before the election because they did not tell us what they are going to do. They were more worried of making the position look bad, like putting ads up like if Tony Abbot wins you lose. They have too many posters, booklets and junk mail and it does not impress me. It should not be compulsory because it is the public’s choice if they want to vote or not.

by jackson

Email will not be published

Website example