56 class blog

Just another Tasmanian Blogs site

BOOK WEEK

August26

Explain three ways you would encourage the love of reading during BOOK WEEK if you were a leader in the school.

by posted under Uncategorized | 23 Comments »
23 Comments to

“BOOK WEEK”

1. August 26th, 2013 at 9:40 am      Reply 13rosejacobw Says:

Hello,
    I think people should be into reading a lot more then they already are because reading can take you into your imagination, there are endless possibilities when you’re reading a good book. If you have a good book, you don’t concentrate on going into your imagination. Just start reading and enjoy the book, then your their, You’re in your imagination. There are lots of different reasons that reading is good, but mine are, It’s good for your brain, heart and your imagination. (:

• August 26th, 2013 at 10:12 am      Reply msrum Says:

Hi Jacob,
      I can sense you love reading and for great reasons. If you were a leader at a school ( which you are), what would you do in Book Week to promote a love of reading? Eg Book parade, reading to??? listening to???

2. August 26th, 2013 at 2:17 pm      Reply 13rosemikaylah Says:

I would encourage people to read by getting one person from each class who likes reading to get up in the front of the class and read their book. iI would also get two classes from each class to join and read their book with anotherc lass memder.Also I would get people to read a book and then awser some querstion adout the book.

• August 26th, 2013 at 4:06 pm      Reply msrum Says:

Well done Mikaylah. You answered my blog question about 3 ways to promote reading. I like the idea of reading in front of the class and the joining up of classes.

3. August 26th, 2013 at 2:32 pm      Reply 14roseluke Says:

Hi
    I think that you should read to tell people about your book so your friends can laugh about your book, you can also pretend that you have super powers on book week when you play games and you can visualice the book when you read ir. eg like when i read my book i like to visualise what is happening in the story.

4. August 30th, 2013 at 10:46 am      Reply sophie-lee Says:

hey,
    I think some good ways of encouraging the love of reading during Book Week can be having a parade were you dress up in a character from your favourite book, get classes together and read your favourite book to the kids and they can read their favourite book to you, they can make plays from books, they can have like a book stall or a book swap. We could also probably have a face paint day were you can face paint your face like the persons face in your favourite book.

Just my imput Sophie-lee
    Just my options

• September 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 am      Reply msrum Says:

Hi Sophie, I like your idea of making plays from books. Have you thought how you could do that? Would you choose one exciting scene in the book? Is there a book you would like the class to write a play scene for?

5. August 30th, 2013 at 10:51 am      Reply linna Says:

Hi it’s Linna from 5/6 RR. The first way to engcourage people to love reading during Book Week would be to make their own book and then dress up as the character in the book. The second way to engcourage people to love reading during Book Week would be to run a second hand book store in each class and every student brings along an old book that they don’t use to sell. The last way to engcourage the love of reading during Book Week would be to make their own costume at school of their favourite book.

• September 2nd, 2013 at 8:04 am      Reply msrum Says:

Hi Linna, Your second idea really interested me as you are the first person to think of that. Would you like to organise that for next year’s Book Week?

6. August 30th, 2013 at 10:52 am      Reply 13roseella Says:

I would encorage the love of reading during Book Week by:
    I would put up posters of who I am dressing up as so people can see that I think the book is interesting by dressing up as the character. I would also tell them what it is called. I would also read it to younger classes (if the book was apropriate for younger children) so they can see why I think the book is so interesting. i would also get my friends (if they were comfortable with dressing up) involved and they would dress up too, I would also put on a little play for what the book is about.
    For this book week I dressed up as Gemma the gymnist out of the book The Worst Gymnast.

7. September 2nd, 2013 at 2:28 pm      Reply Jack Says:

Go to buddy classes and swap your favourite book with them and then read them to each other.

8. September 2nd, 2013 at 2:33 pm      Reply hughie Says:

I think a way to get people to join in with book week is to treat the book parade like a real parade with music and the brass band playing with MR Cawthorn

by Hugh Patman

9. September 3rd, 2013 at 2:26 pm      Reply Kaelee Says:

I would encourage the love of reading during book week by getting each pair of buddies to read out their favourite book, and each of them join their books together to make up a play to show to their class. Another reason is to get students doing a walk around the city (only students with costumes on) and if people ask then they explain why they love reading and why they chose their book. My final reason is for students to encourage their class teachers to dress up, and by reading their favourite page that is in their book.

10. September 4th, 2013 at 10:02 am      Reply Piper Hinds Says:

Hi,

To encourage the love of reading during book week I would keep the dressing up idea, add that they can read out their favourite bit of the book that they dressed up as and instead of judging the costumes, they can go around to each class and show their costumes and say why they picked that character to dress up as. I would do this because I love reading and would want everyone to be involved.

11. September 4th, 2013 at 2:05 pm      Reply Ebony Says:

Hello its Ebony

i would engourage more reading by rewarding students when they finish a book and giving them fun things to do like make a costume of your favourite charecter
    and of course a book week parade :)

• September 4th, 2013 at 4:23 pm      Reply msrum Says:

How would you reward students? There are 370 students at our school. How could you reward them?

• September 10th, 2013 at 9:25 am       Ebony Says:

Hello Ms Rumney, I would reward them with a chart for every class the first class to read 100 books could have a special lunch or a class picnic.

12. September 4th, 2013 at 2:11 pm      Reply livia Says:

Hi it’s Livia
    I would get the kids to go around classes and show what they dressed up as instead of being judged for whose costume is the best. Some kids just think there is not point dressing up because they won’t win. Also teachers should dress up and tell the kids they are dressing up so then the kids might think that they should dress up. Also kids should dress up as what they are reading at the moment then if they would like to share what they have dressed up as they would have a little bit of knowledge about the character.

13. September 10th, 2013 at 11:49 am      Reply Decojo Says:

I think that we should dress up and parade around a place that is close to everyones schools. There should be music and banners, and streamers and more music.

Email will not be published

Website example