56 class blog

Just another Tasmanian Blogs site

Hello 5 6 Rigby Rumney

July23

Just Full Of IdeasWelcome to our class blog page. We are starting this and learning together how to blog each other. We would like you to make comments on posts that we have written.

This is your chance to voice your ideas to the world and also a chance to make comments about what our class is currently focussing on.

One of our blogs will be a combined group blog with 6 Tyson and 5 Seinor. We have put up some photos and text about issues on fairness.

Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Bart via Compfight

First blog question: You are reading “Toad Away” by Maurice Glitzman. Do you think we treat cane toads fairly?

by posted under Information, Uncategorized | 42 Comments »
42 Comments to

“Hello 5 6 Rigby Rumney”

1. July 26th, 2013 at 2:34 pm      Reply 14roseluke Says:

No i don’t think we treat cane toads fairly because we crush them in cars and distroy their enviroment.

2. July 26th, 2013 at 2:38 pm      Reply 14rosedeklan Says:

I don’t reckon we treat cane toads fairly as we kill them because they kill other animals. But what if they are killing animals that have parisites or diseases. I know I’m saying “What If” but I reckon they could. What I say is don’t kill Cane Toads purpously or you will be mean to our little frenemies.

3. July 31st, 2013 at 8:54 am      Reply Hilo2542 Says:

Hi, Its me Henry from 5s

The cane Toads weren’t being treated properly, but we should keep Cane toads under Control, because, like Miss W said, if there are too many, no more small species of frogs and birds

• July 31st, 2013 at 9:51 am      Reply msrum Says:

Thanks for this Henry. How do you think we should keep cane toads under control and treat them properly? How do we reduce their numbers in a humane way?

4. August 16th, 2013 at 10:18 am      Reply sophie-lee Says:

I dont think we treat cane toads fairly they my be disgusting but there a part of nature so we shouldnt kill them

Just my imput Sophie-lee

5. August 16th, 2013 at 10:26 am      Reply Jack Says:

No I don’t think we treat cane toads fairly.

6. August 16th, 2013 at 10:29 am      Reply linna westcott Says:

no i dont think cane toads have bean treated fairly because they are living creatures and if you go near them you shouldn’t be scared of them. They should be scared of you because they are so small. So if you treat them how you treat your self they might not hurt you.

7. August 16th, 2013 at 10:30 am      Reply georgia oakley Says:

hi it is Georgia,
    cane toads are not treated fair because humans are killing them and chucking things on them like rubbish.

8. August 16th, 2013 at 10:30 am      Reply livia savage Says:

hi im Livia Savage from 5/6RR

No I dont think the cane toads are being treated fairly becuse in the book there getting stuff chucked on them and kicked around on the floor in places

9. August 16th, 2013 at 10:43 am      Reply shaun barrow Says:

hi its me, shaun barrow.

i dont think we are treating cane toads the way they should be treated because they are getting killed by trucks and cars. just because they are poisiness doesnt mean they cant live on earth?

• August 16th, 2013 at 1:47 pm      Reply msrum Says:

Hi Shaun,
      i like your point in the last sentence. What should we do with them if they are poisoning our native animals and taking over their environments.

10. August 16th, 2013 at 10:44 am      Reply russell macmillan Says:

no don’t think we are treating cane toads properly becouse they should be treated evenly.

11. August 16th, 2013 at 10:45 am      Reply 13rosemikaylah Says:

no because they are getting ran over by cars and trucks and vans.In the suger cane industry they help by eating the cane beetles and they are bad because they are growing rapidly.

12. August 16th, 2013 at 10:47 am      Reply 13roseemma Says:

no i do not think we treat cane toads fairly because they are getting ran over by cars and vans and trucks. in the sugar cane industry the cane toads were brought to austraila for the cane beetles but they could not get the cane beetles and they got the native animals and that is why people dont like it.

13. August 16th, 2013 at 10:47 am      Reply 13roseskye Says:

hi it is skye
    i think it is not fair that we are killing cand toads beacause they have’nt harm people.but all so it is fair because they are kill aninmals.

14. August 16th, 2013 at 10:49 am      Reply 13rosejacob Says:

No I do not think it’s very fair, when we’re the people that brought them to Australia. Why do we have to kill them when we can just catch them and ship off to another country.Also, I believe that they shouldn’t even be here after they have no real predators and they shouldn’t belong on our food chain.

• August 16th, 2013 at 1:50 pm      Reply msrum Says:

So you are saying that it is not the cane toad’s fault that they are destroying our native ecosystems as we introduced them. Good point. So how (and why) would you catch them and ship them off to another country?

15. August 16th, 2013 at 10:59 am      Reply 13rosebaxter Says:

i think that we dont treat cane toads fairly we should be careful when we’re driving walking or anything so people have to wake up its not fair how would you feel being squished on the road so there you go

16. August 16th, 2013 at 11:03 am      Reply 13rosemeagan Says:

hi we should treat cane toads fairly. we are not treating cane toads fairly because they can be not friendly.

17. August 16th, 2013 at 11:53 am      Reply 14rosejackson Says:

its me jackson
    i think it is not fair how we are treting cane toads because we are running over them with truks and cars. there are more cane toads that die than humans in a day. thay are toxic and dangerus but they are not to us. we do not want another extinced animal in the world.

thanks for reading from jackson

18. August 16th, 2013 at 1:51 pm      Reply msrum Says:

The trouble is Jackson that the cane toads are causing some of our native species to become extinct.

19. August 16th, 2013 at 2:08 pm      Reply Kaelee Says:

Hi everyone.
    This is Kaelee,

Cane toads were introduced into Australia to keep the cane beetles from attacking sugar cane crops. They don’t have any emenies in our Australian wild life. I don’t think they are being treated fairly because we are destroying their enviroment that they life in.

20. August 16th, 2013 at 2:10 pm      Reply 13rosethomas Says:

hi my name is Thomas from 5/6RR

i think canetoads are not treated verry fair because we are destroing there speices and soon they might become extinked

• August 16th, 2013 at 3:08 pm      Reply msrum Says:

Hi Thomas,
      Cane toads have been introduced to Australia. They are breeding very quickly and taking over environments of our native animals, which is causing the native animals to become extinct. Cane toads have spread to many parts of Australia. Do we need to control their numbers? How can we do this fairly?

21. August 16th, 2013 at 2:11 pm      Reply zoe jones Says:

5/6 RR

i dont think we are taking care of cane toads are being treated fairly because humans are killing the cane toads and chucking them such as in the bin !

22. August 16th, 2013 at 2:14 pm      Reply 13rosejacobw Says:

Hello,

I do not think we are treating them fairly because people sometimes run them over on purpose. They also treat them really badly. For E.g, people throw them on the roads and in drains, for their own enjoyment.

23. August 16th, 2013 at 2:15 pm      Reply Piper Hinds Says:

hi,

I dont think we are treating cane toads fairly because some people purposely try and hurt them. I mean the ones that dont purposely do it can’t really help the fact that it happened but for the ones that did do it on purpose shouldnt. Cane toads might look disgusting and be poisonous but they are apart of our nature. I do think that we do need to try and keep them under control because they do breed quite a lot but apart from that, why cant we treat them fairly?

24. August 16th, 2013 at 2:26 pm      Reply 14roseryen Says:

Hi Ryen here
    i thing what is happing to the cane cane toads is not fair
    because we are just kiiling them with cars and truks.
    We are also destroing there natral hbititat. cane toads have no pretors but they are native spices and naking them exctinct.

Thanks Ryen

25. August 20th, 2013 at 9:43 am      Reply Philip Says:

I don`t think that cane toads are being treated fairly because they are only doing whats in their nature. We are curious by nature, but we don`t get killed because of it. Tigers are hunters by nature, but do we kill them because of it? No, we don`t. So why are cane toads any exception? Cane toads can`t help that they destroy anything in their path. I think the fairest way to handle the cane toad problem is simply to take as many as possible and put them back where they first came from.

• August 20th, 2013 at 3:08 pm      Reply msrum Says:

I enjoyed reading your reply, especially the “We are curious by nature…. Tigers are hunters by nature…” How would you take as many as possible and put them back where they first came from?

26. August 21st, 2013 at 9:31 am      Reply 13rosebaxter Says:

i think nerdy ninjas should win an award due to its comedy horror and drama its sence of humour really makes u think your actually standing there watching the fight listening to the nerds talk i reccomed everone to read it i give it the BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD AWARD so everone READ IT

27. August 21st, 2013 at 10:53 am      Reply 13roseebony Says:

Hello, I t think we treat cane toads fairly they are poisionus to our native animals.
    But I also think we treat them un fairly too because everything deserves a chance to live.

28. August 21st, 2013 at 10:54 am      Reply sophie-lee Says:

I have started to enjoy reading especially series of books i reckon the Harry Potter books are very good and interesting i have read Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone and i got really addicted to it once I sat out side in the car while my dad was working on his car reading for like and hour or two.

Just my imput Sophie-lee.

29. August 21st, 2013 at 11:55 am      Reply thomas Says:

I think that the book called “Billy the kid” by Michael Morpurgo
    should win an award because of its drama and action.

30. August 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 am      Reply 14rosejackson Says:

i my favourate book so far would have to Beast Quest because it is a good aventure story and there is differnt books to collect (60) i think lots of people should read this

thanks for reading jackson

31. September 9th, 2013 at 2:28 pm      Reply 13roseella Says:

I do not know if we are treating cane toads disrespectfully because I have never seen or heard of a cane toad until this book and in history. :)???

Email will not be published

Website example